That being said, I found the lab this week substantially more difficult. Although, my partner and I implemented the required classes promptly, neither of us had had much practice using unittest to test our programs. We had to look up unittest in the Python 3.3.3 documentation and carefully go through the example posted, before we attempted to apply it to our specific program. While we spent more time debugging the syntax errors and spelling mistakes in our unittest modules than Motorized and its subclasses, we did eventually get all of the modules working.
As far as assignment one goes, I have now completed the module headers for TOAHModel.py, and have begun to implement them. I was not entirely sure how to represent the cheeses on the stools at first, as I could not tell whether the stool counted as a 'cheese' or not. However, by searching through the course forum, I found that another student had had the same question, and an answer had been posted.
Overall, this week I have learned that when I find myself stuck there are plenty of online resources I can turn to to get myself 'unstuck'.
No comments:
Post a Comment